I am running for re-election to the Denton City Council at Large Place 5 in order to extend my service on Council. I enter this race with almost seven years of experience on Council and track record of service and responding effectively to citizen concerns.. I hope I can count on your vote and your support.
I have made a point of working with citizens, and other council members to find common ground for the common good of Denton. Working together we can continue to solve problems and help Denton grow in a way that not only preserves but enhances our quality of life.
As a council member, my job has been to vote on ordinances and budgets that make Denton a great place to live, work, play, and operate a business.
I have a solid record of:
- Carefully studying the issues,
- Standing strong for neighborhoods,
- Making fair and responsible decisions,
- Supporting economic development to add jobs and diversify our tax base,
- Holding developers to high standards,
- Improving our roads and making them safer for bicyclists and pedestrians.
I believe in
- Fiscal responsibility and carefully setting budget priorities,
- Reasonable codes and ordinances that are enforced fairly,
- Open government and engaged citizens,
- Supporting small business start ups and the creative economy,
- Economic development incentives tied to performance that encourage new business and industry while
- Protecting our neighborhoods
Finally, I believe that how I serve on the Denton City Council is as important as what I have helped accomplish. It takes at least four Council Members to approve any budget, ordinance, or resolution. That means that Council Members must work together to move our city forward. We have to listen to each other and our residents. We must show respect for each other and those who come before council with proposals. We have to understand that reasonable people can (and do) disagree.
Finding Common Ground for the Common Good,